igoogle To My Internet rescue

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It is Works for Me Wednesday ant Rocks in My Dryer. I enjoy Wednesdays as I am able to hunt our what other people do and what works for them.

I love to read other blogs, as well as some web sites and was having a hard time keeping up with all of them. One thing I have found that works for me is igoogle. igoogle is the personalized google homepage that you can add what you want to. My igoogle home page has my rss feeds from the places I want to keep up with reading.

What is great with igoogle is you have tabs so you can put different things on the pages and have them organized. I have my first tab with my weather, blogs that I read and news. I also have a game on there for when I get bored.

My second tab has more blogs, a few web pages and some funny blogs/videos etc feeds.

My third tab is my google reader and more info places and my fourth tab is blog helps. This is where I have blogs like problogger, blogging 101 and other blogs that help bloggers.

This way I can see right away what my daughter is writing about at Beauty from Chaos, what her husband is writing about, what Natural Mommy is writing , Families against Feminism, Real Life and other blogs.

When I find a blog that gives info and support to what I am writing about I also put that on one of the tabs.

I love my igoogle homepage and it works for me, give it a try!


For more ideas head over to Rocks in My Dryer!

2 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

I must admit, I didn't realize that igoogle existed. I'll have to check it out, along with the blog links you've provided.

Thanks!

Matt said...

Another alternative is Odysen at http://www.odysen.com.

One of the key differences being the free-formatting widgets, allowing you to make the widgets as big or small as you want, very helpful for widgets such as a nine day weather forecast, map, or YouTube video widgets.

Another difference is a much more space for the user, ie the large Google search bar at the top of an iGoogle page takes up almost 50% of your space.

Anyway, hope you can stop by and check out Odysen sometime. There's also a blog available for feature updates and page examples, located at http://odysen.blogspot.com.

Email Me