Stress Less

Tuesday, December 18, 2007


Today's Works for me Wednesday and Rocks in My Dryer is supposed to be about Christmas. I have been thinking about Christmas anyway and decided to play along on the Christmas theme.

I have been busy, as I am sure most of you have, trying to get everything done and ready. I am doing something different this year though, I am not getting all upset and stressed over the day.

Most years I am so stressed as I try to make this, do that, get the stuff for a big meal and try to have it all together. This is the first year in a long time that I can remember not being all stressed about getting things done and perfect.

I still have some gifts to get together and some things to make, but not anything that has me stressed. It will take some time, but I believe it is all under control. If not, I am not stressing anyway!

It has taken many years, but I finally realized the meal will be there, people will eat and everything does not have to be perfect, nor does there need to be 25 different foods on the table. Keep it simple! I am having a big meal, but I am keeping it simple. I also have others bringing some of the meal too.

My gifts will be done, the food will be fairly easy and it should work our for a nice relaxing time.

Are you getting all stressed and ready to bite every one's head off? STOP!!! Relax. It will work out, it does not need to be anything but simple, but simple can be elegant and easy! Enjoy the day, enjoy the family and make it all less stressful.

2 comments:

Infinity Goods said...

Hooray! That's the right attitude.

Mom2fur said...

That's a great way to keep your sanity. Really, why do we stress so much over the holidays? Aren't most of our guests family and friends who love us, anyway? Heck, if Aunt Petunia is the kind who makes snide remarks about your stuffed goose (ha, ha, like anyone makes that!)--well, Aunt Petunia probably spends her afternoons drinking pickle juice. So why worry about her? You are so right, it really does all work out.
My trick is to make as much ahead of time and freeze it as possible.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Email Me