Showing love 20 frugal ways

Friday, March 14, 2008

How often do you show your husband you love him and are glad he is there? How about your kids?

I used to think I did not have the money to really show them, or him. I would see things I knew that he would like but did not have resources. Sometimes it would be a way to decorate, or a special gift etc. However, it does not take money, or very little, to show your love and give reminders everyday of your love. We need it and so do they!

I would like to list special ways you can show your man you are there for him and you are still in love with him.

  • leave little notes, in the shower, his lunch (kids lunch) under his pillow. You can make cards on the computer or by hand or just a quick "I love you" on a scrap of paper shoved in by his book mark in the book he is reading, at his computer etc.
  • On the same note, (hehe, not literally, pun there) you can leave something you like about him, appreciate or thank him for. ( I appreciate how much you tell me you like my cooking, or how hard your work for us, etc)
  • If he usually comes home from work and wants something to drink, have it ready for him.
  • Have his socks, underwear etc dug out of the laundry basket so he does not have to dig when he is getting dressed. ( my kids are grown now, but I remember how it was getting all that done with 5 kids around, but pulling them out for him to dress in the morning makes a big difference.)
  • Ask him if there is anything special he would like for dinner. Let him choose from what is in the house.
  • hug him often
  • kiss him often
  • be playful... you know what I mean!
  • give him peace when he wants to read the paper for a few minutes. He needs his unwind and switch gears time, then let him know about your day.
  • Don't be a big spender so he has to worry about paying the bills!
  • Be frugal
  • Men do not talk like we do, they give a brief version and that is it. Show him you are interested in what he says, ask questions, but do not "nag" at him.
  • Thank him for all he does, not a "thanks for everything honey" but a "thank you for changing the light bulb for me, I could not reach it. You are my hero".
  • Make him your hero and tell him. Men need to know that.
  • Have a honey do list, but do not nag, and when he does it praise him and let him know you appreciate him.
  • Let him know you appreciate him (even if he did not do it) if he feels appreciated and loved he will do more for you and the family.
  • Save your loose change and take him out for a meal or a dessert or something special.
  • Tell him you love him again, and again and again!
  • Tell him you would marry him again
  • get the cat out of his favorite chair before he walks in the door.
These are just some ideas that do not cost money. You probably have more and I would love for you to tell me in the comments!

What? You do not "feel" this way about your husband? Start finding small things to thank him, etc. Do it just because he is your husband. Eventually you will feel it and he will change as you change. It is cheap, frugal and very mighty!

For more frugal ideas go on over to Biblical Womanhood!

2 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Aww, those are nice!

Sonshine said...

great list! I make his lunch that he takes to work every day. :) For Valentine's day I made up coupons on the computer for him to redeem rather than a card. :)

Email Me