Be Creative

Thursday, January 17, 2008

One of the hardest things for me is to think of ways I am frugal. I imagine other bloggers have trouble too. Maybe you as a homemaker wonder if you are being frugal or how you can get to be better at it.

I like to read ideas and pick something I am not doing and try to start. There are sources out there to help, yahoo groups, other blogs and websites.

I believe that as a Christian we are to use our money frugally, use our brains wisely and be creative.

Since I was raised in a home where money was tight and then married and had 5 kids on the salary of a small church pastor I had to make do, do without or creatively think of ways to handle the lack of money. I thank God for that background. I found He supplies, He gives creative ideas and life is not dull.

When I have a gift to give, I first think of "what can I make?" I look at what I have on hand and then think of what I can do with it. Other times I look for ideas and then see what I have and get the rest. The same goes for decorating and cooking.

Be creative!

Too often people think "run out and buy" when the means to save money and have something even better than spending all that money was right in their own home and ability.

Frugal living is being creative, thinking before getting out the pocketbook and using what one has first.

For great frugal ideas hop on over to Biblical Womanhood.

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Being creative is half the fun of being frugal, isn't it? I love to see what I can 'make do with' instead of running out to the grocery for an ingredient.
Do you sew? If you do, check out the blog "Sew, Mama, Sew." She has something like 65 tutorials on sewing projects, many of which you can do with scrap fabric!

Peggie said...

Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

This year for Christmas we are doing a homemade Christmas. With the expection of buying supplies if needed we have to make our own gifts. We picked names so it wouldn't be to hard on the kids but we are all excited about it. That is including the decorations.

Email Me